clutch-1993 Eagle Summit - Mitsubishi-arm sticking

Hi! Just got a 93 Eagle Summit which is a Mitsubishi, I believe. Clutch was sticking - found the cable to be sticking. After disconnecting, found the arm also stuck. (it had been sitting awhile). After much work,(and lots of Liquid Wrench), got it freed up a bit but still, in my opinion not enough to work with the new cable. Any ideas on how to free the arm up enough to work, or is this a major repair? It is a 5-speed, and 1.5L. 4 cyl. motor. Any help is greatly appreciated. bob dobush

Reply to
ignatz

There's only a small amount of free lever movement before the release bearing hits the pressure plate. There after the pressure plate provides the return action. Try it with the cable. The pedal has to be FULLY depressed to disengage the clutch. If the level still sticks then it likely that the release bearing is jammed on the spigot shaft tube: fixing this requires the transmission to be removed from the engine.

Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS

Hi! Thanks for the info - I will put the cable in and try it and see if the pedal returns when releasing, which it didnt do before. bob d.

Reply to
ignatz