Need Help

Thanks so much for all the response, i finally found where the thermostat is, and called my crappy tire and they have it, so hopefully within the next few hours it should be done. But one thing that bothers me now is the heater core thing. So if its clogged what would be the best remedy? is there an additive to get rid of it, or do i have to take it in to the garage? Please get back to me. Once again, thanks a million for all your feedback.

Reply to
pipe_dreamz

There are chemicals you can buy that will eat out any crude build up in you cooling system. Permatex makes a product called, of all things, "Radiator Cleaner", beware that it contains hydrochloric acid, and can be dangerous. However, leave it to long in your system and you may have more leaks than you can count. Even says that on the label. If the heater core is truly blocked, replacement is usually the only fix. You should drain your system once every two years, when you change your antifreeze, and flush it out. Generally this will give you maximum life from your cooling system.

Reply to
Nirodac Yar

To get a lot of crude out of the heater core, I usually disconnect both the lines and hook a hose up to one of them and turn on the water. I then disconnect and hook up to the other line. I do this until no sediment comes out.

Never happened to me, but if no water came out the other line when the hose was connected, then I'd know it was clogged and replace it.

I'd think for less than an hours labor the shop could flush out just the heater core.

I'm not a fan of putting in flushing additives.

Reply to
Richie Rich