Re: Question on Transmission Fluid

Stupid question here. Still learning about working on cars so bear with me.

> I have a 1.8 liter auto transmission in a 93 eclipse 2 wd. > > The owners manual says to use diamond transmission fluid or compatible. > > What type of fluid can i use in my transmission other than this? > > > Thanks > > Future > >
Reply to
<djmcreynolds1

My 1991 3000GT 4-speed electronic transaxle was manufactured for Mitsubishi by Chrysler (the same drive train was used in the Dodge Stealth). This vehicle came from the factory with Chrysler ATF+3. Based on what I have heard, use of Dexron, or any other non ATF+3 or ATF+4 fluids can/will cause sluggish shifts and torque converter shudder which can lead to pre-mature transmission failure. In my case, I've used the Chrysler fluid and filter for all fluid changes since I did not want to pay for a transmission rebuild.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman