Smog Check Rules....

I stopped to get a smog check done today on the 1990 Eclipse which is required for renewal in Calif. The mechanic said all checked out fine except the check engine light was not coming on and he could not find the timing mark and could not record the timing setting.

Both understandable - I couldn't find the mark either. I'll fix the engine light today, chalk the mark and take it back for a free re-test tomorrow.

The strange this is that because he could not complete the form, the complete test has to be done all over again tomorrow - not just these two items.

Our wonderful state will cost the guy a 1/2 hour of working for free.

Reply to
Guv Bob