timing belt broke on 1993 mitsubishi mirage (1.5)

Timing belt broke on 1993 mitsubishi mirage coupe ls (1.5) Can't get it in time. Does anyone know where the number 1 piston is --- driver side ( cam ) or passenger side ( distributor ). This has been giving me an awful time. Please, I am a single mom that just lost my job and a full time college student. I really need my car. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Reply to
clsmrey

Driver's side. What you need to check is whether you bent any valves. Its also important to get the engine to top dead center and get the valves aligned ie #1 valves are closed. There's a mark on the cam sprocket.

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS