Timing belt replacement

My daughter owns a 2000 Eclipse GS with the 2.4L L-4 and auto. It's coming up on 60,000 miles and I'm planning on changing the timing belt. Looking for any info I can get on what else should generally be replaced while it's apart. Pulleys, tensioners, water pump? Also, I've read that a special tool is needed for tensioning the new belt. Is this a tool that actually sets the tension correctly, or just a tool to provide leverage to get to the proper tension? Any tips greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim M

Reply to
Jim M

Sorry, I didn't mean to repost this message. Learned something about posting on newsgroups that I didn't know, and may help someone else; if you happen to type a subject that is identical to an existing subject, ex: "Timing Belt Replacement", outlook express (I know, a poor excuse for a news reader), groups it with the previously posted subject, in this case from Dec. 2003. This assumes that "Group Messageses by Conversation" is checked. It appeared to me that my previous post didn't get to the server, as it was displayed with the old post, and not at top of the list with current posts.

Jim M

Reply to
Jim M