S70 Timing Belt Replacement

Hi all,

I am preparing to change the timing belt on my 1999 S70 this weekend. I've seen lots of good info on the whole procedure for 850's and early

1998 S70's that use the earlier hydraulic tensioners, but nowhere can I find info on the mechanical tensioners that my car is supposed to have. Supposedly this info is in the UK Haynes manual, which I do not have. Can anyone answer the following?:

  1. How to release the tension during belt removal?

  1. How to keep in released tension mode during belt install?
  2. Are there any adjustments, or is it just fixed tension?

Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

(Remove *nospam* to reply to me via email)

Reply to
Jeff W.

single bolt in the middle- you have to remove the tensioner altogether to change the belt anyways

The tensioner has a pointer which you align within a "window" depending on temperature. Thats it.

Tried to email you direct but OE had a fit. :(

I have the Haynes manual which details the belt change with manual tensioner. Can let you have the info in an email.

Tim.. the dot farm at btinternet dot com

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM. Registry corupted, reformated HD and l

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 22:26:57 -0800, "Jeff W." wibbled about:

Change the water pump as well

Sean

Reply to
Sean Nugent

And the tensioner roller and idler pulley. ( I already suggested this to the OP in an email accompanying the haynes belt change instructions)

Tim..