transmission shifts hard when cold

Hi all,

I have a 2000 Galant with 90K miles. Its a V6, with the four-speed tranny. Latetly, it has started to shift roughly from 2nd to 3rd gear when cold. After about 10-15 minutes of driving it gets better, and shifts very smoothly. Checked the fluid level, its good, and still clean (pinkish color). I thought it might be incorrect settings learned by the computer, since I recently replaced the battery (which cleared all the settings). So I disconnected the battery again, and then drove lightly letting the computer re-learn its settings. It seemed to be fine while doing this, but after a couple of days the problem resurfaced again. So it seems the right computer control can alleviate it.. However, of course, the computer programming has not changed, and it eas shifting fine cold and hot before.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Lev

Reply to