329bhp Lancia Thems LS Turbo

A few months ago I posted on here about my friend's Lancia Thema, which blew a big hole in the exhaust cam cover for no apparent reason.

Since then, he's decided to warm it over somewhat, fitting the following items, amongst others:

Big valve head GT28RS "Disco Potato" turbo Ford Cosworth (not sure which one) intercooler Integrale Evo injectors Wilwood 4-pot front calipers Brembo drilled front discs (Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo Plus fitment) Koni shocks with H&R springs

With the standard ECU setup, the first roller run was 302bhp.

It was then mapped during the course of the day, with the final result being an impressive 329bhp at about 5250RPM and 287lb/ft torque at

4750RPM

The turbo install is particularly impressive, with a nice cut-and-welded elbow fabricated to attach the turbo to the downpipe of the (standard) exhaust. The Wilwood calipers also took some fitting, with special mounts fabricated for the job.

I can't wait for a go in it! It'll probably be at the Italian car show in Bristol this weekend, I'll probably cadge a lift there in it... or should that be lift-off!

It'll give me a nice turbo fix after the sale of the TI (it went for a tidy =A31308, deposit paid)

Reply to
fishman

Pics!

Reply to
getbent

OK OK!! I knew someone'd say that

Here are some pics of the car and the work done.

fishman

Ohhhh, looks tidy. Bet it's a lot of fun.

Reply to
getbent

That dump off the turbo looks a bit restrictive. Looks like some pretty tidy work though.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

work though.

Yeah, I think budget constraints and the desire to keep it as stock as possible led to that solution. It was my idea to do it like they did in the end - they were going to put a bit of box section in there!!! Now that would have a) looked shit and b) been stupidly restrictive.

Reply to
fishman

Graph is not right. How is it possible for the torque to drop away to zero hundreds of revs before the power starts to fall!!!

From a guy who used to manufacture dynos and dyno software

And there a huge loss at lower revs.

And tons of data averaging, as well as it does not say "corrected to" EEC, ISO 1340, DIN 70020, ECE, ETC? Which means the figs are bogus anyway.

And... You cannot measure or calculate a flywheel figure its meaningless...

Reply to
Burgerman

Nice

Took the integrale out day before yesterday

I've done 509 miles in 6 months, waste!

Chet

Reply to
Chet