Any yanks present?

Do they have the same attitude in the USA as other abroadians - ie, No, you can't change anything? I assume not given the number of hot rods about. Does stuff have an annual emissions test a la the MOT?

Reply to
Doki

Depends what you want to change really. Broadly, so long as it's not going to kill every pedestrian you pass, and meets the exhaust emissions levels, you can do most things. Why d'you ask anyway? I'm all interested now! (nosey bastard).

Reply to
conkersack

Some states have strict emissions tests, some have no emmissions tests. Some have a sort of MOT, like does it have tyres and a steering wheel, and some don't even limit their residents right to drive that strictly.

Reply to
Elder

Just thinking that I could move there in a year or ten, and wondering if the car could come too...

Reply to
Doki

Probably. Where abouts are you thinking of though? They have a similar scheme where individual imports are allowed - that's how Bill Gates got his 959 street legal apparently. I suppose you'd be best off asking in some group with a higher yank content really! In Canada you can get pretty much whatever you want in - if it's anything like it was when I was there, you don't even need insurance if it's registered in Alberta!

Reply to
conkersack

Dunno. Fancy doing a bit tour of Amerkia in year or two, but at the minute I could fancy New England.

Reply to
Doki

That's show or display vehicles apparently, and that means your serious homologation specials etc. - less than 500 ever made. OTOH a 1.8T MK2 Golf would go well and hit emissions regs...

Reply to
Doki

Ah, I see.

Well, couldn't you just make one over there? I don't think you'd have much of a problem with stuff sourced from the states.

Reply to
conkersack