Driving whilst using a mobile..

The new law is introduced today that bans the use of mobiles whilst driving.

As from midnight all manufacturers started to download new firmware to all their Camera enabled phones.

By a process involving triangulation the phone works out if you are moving whilst talking takes a photograph and automatically forwards it to the Police!

The first thing you know is when you receive a summons in the post along with a picture of your ear!

You have been warned! Stay off those mobiles whilst driving!

sPoNiX

Reply to
S P O N I X

That's quite funny. Could probably do with a little tweaking somewhere.

Reply to
Depresion

Nice :)

Reply to
Dan405

I think texting is also covered as you have to interact with the phone.

Reply to
Depresion

It's hard to believe there's been so much publicity about this new legislation and people still don't know what is actually allowed / not allowed.

Talking on your mobile is allowed, texting on your mobile is allowed. Holding your mobile in your hand, however, is not.

Reply to
Lordy

In article , blank@

128.0.0.1 spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Texting is only covered, if you hold the phone to do it. If it is in a cradle so you only push buttons, it is allowed.

If you use a PDA in the car for SatNav, you can hold it, but if it includes a GSM card for map and data updates you can't and it must be in a cradle. Mad isn't it.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Is it me, or is that barking? I can't hold the thing to my ear, but I can stare at a screen the size of a stamp taped to the dash while composing War & Peace.

Reply to
Scott M

Yep. You can stroke it, kiss it, punch it, as long as it isn't in your hand, but you can't give it a loving sniggle to your cheek (or any other part of your body come to that).

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Meant Snuggle obviously.......

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

If you're weaving across the road, whilst "staring at a screen the size of a stamp taped to the dash while composing War & Peace" then you'll still be nicked for Driving Without Due Care.

Reply to
Nom

No you won't. Cameras can tell if you are weaving or not. ;)

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Sure, but why bother with all the legislation for using mobiles when they're leaving a far more dangerous activity alone?

Reply to
Scott M

To draw the public's attention to it. Before this, people simply didn't care, and used their phones anyway. The idea behind the new legislation, is that people won't do it because it's a specific crime - and it works.

But they aren't ! It's already covered under the "driving without due care" as above !

Reply to
Nom

I agree. It just seems an opportunity missed to actually legislate against something more dangerous than talking on a phone.

Reply to
Scott M