flywheel for ford 2.9

Where can i get a flywheel and spigot bearing for a ford 2.9 12v, what about the cosworth version? Ford in their infinite wisdom decided to make all the cosworth versions automatic!

Thanks Timmay!

Reply to
timmmmayyy!

In news:417834a1$0$59463$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net, timmmmayyy! decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Out of a manual 2.9 Granada, Sierra XR4x4 2.9 etc etc.....

Dojj will no doubt be along shortly to actually know what he's on about.

If we're going to be getting these posts constantly, you may as well just buy my Estate..

(Yours for £1500)

Reply to
Pete M

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Reply to
Doki

Mmmmm

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Possibly sold, yey!1993 Renault 19 16v - Subtle extras like a T3 - But soon a fancy T28!1998 Audi A4 - For Sale

Reply to
Chet

sheltered

For the 12v you are right from a manual - not many about though, it is the

24v i`m wondering about, I believe it has a different bolt patern. I have been told that a V6 flywheel from a capri 2.3 will fit. Any ideas?

Cheers

Reply to
timmmmayyy!

Found out at last!

It is a six bolt patern on the flywheel for the 24v. Hope this is of use to anyone.

Cheers

Reply to
timmmmayyy!

I'm bloody tempted at that!!!!!

Peter

-- "The truth is working in television is not very glamorous at all. I just go home on my own at night and sit alone and eat crisps."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

what you want to do is find out what gearbox you are attaching it to if it's going to be the normal MT75 then you need a 2.9 V6 flywheel second hand they are around the £30 mark if you are putting it into a 2.8 replacement then you need a 2.8 flywheel these are rarer and may consequently be more expensive if you have trouble finding one then you might just buy one new from the likes of Burton power

the "normal" 4 pot blown cossie flywheel won't fit as it's got 3 more bolt holes even though the clutch you will be looking for is the big turbo escort cosworth version

Reply to
dojj

Cos autos are just better....

Reply to
Burgerman

MT75 4x4. Will the 12v flywheel fit in the 24v? Burton power really have quite a poor stock for the v6 engines, which is a shame, they are nice engines.

Cheers for the info!

Reply to
timmmmayyy!

Apart from the fact that only Jag engines are heavier,,,

Reply to
Burgerman

Not too bad weight wise: Ford v6 is170kg, pinto weights 130. Rover v8 has a great weight of 140. K series is 95 - 100

Reply to
timmmmayyy!

Well, lose the 2.9 and get the Rover V8 then...

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

I would if you can tell me how to join a mt75 4x4 gearbox to a rover v8 without cutting off the bellhousing! I have not found an adapter plate that will do this.

Reply to
timmmmayyy!

Why retain the mt75? The rover engine was also fitted to plenty of vehicles with 4x4 gearboxes.

Reply to
Questions

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, snipped-for-privacy@quickwatchsales.com decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

If his car is a 4x4, he may as well forget about putting a Rover V8 in. I dare say it could be done, but it'd be bloody difficult.

Problems include the fact the front diff is attached to the side of the sump, one driveshaft passes *through* the sump, the Rover 77mm box is wider than the MT75, so there'd be nowhere for the front prop to go, etc etc.. 4x4 Sierras also have a different PAS rack and front crossmember to 2wd ones, and it'd be a major pain in the arse to modify.

I spose you could theoretically use a Range Rover gearbox and transfer box, but the RR is 50-50 split front / rear, the Sierra is 34-66. You'd still have a nightmare getting it all to fit though. Then there's the fun of getting it all to work.

Reply to
Pete M

The normal 4x4 gearboxes that mate with the v8 are very large. I have looked into this, they also split 50:50 rather than the mt75 4x4 36:64 split. It is for a custom car i`m building, with the engine far back. The engine cg is about 40 cm from the cars cg.

Reply to
timmmmayyy!

it's almost the same engine bar the extra stenrthing webs in the block for the main caps and the fact that the holes for the tappets weren't in the casting

Reply to
dojj

a man I know is working on this as we speak there have been other problems to cope with before this as there are other gearboxes that can do the job ;)

Reply to
dojj

Only when they've got *lots* of power though.

There's nothing worse than an underpowered Auto !

Reply to
Nom