Fuel from water. Scam or not?

Is that feasible? Must be something agin it. otherwise we'd have heard about it. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

I don't know about fridge compressors - 800psi doesn't sound like it would get you very far on a sensible sized tank.

Home gas compressors running at about 3000psi were in vogue a few years ago :-

Not sure how well things are going with it all now though...

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Its feasable as a supplement added to reduce the petrol usage. Its not feasable if you want to use it as a only fuel source unless a trip to the local shop is as far as you want to go!

Reply to
Burgerman

But I dont have one! I do have an old fridge motor...

I recon that you might, at 3000 psi, (have to use heavier bottles though...) get enough range for a short trip as the only fuel!

Reply to
Burgerman

Sounds quite promising providing you do enough mileage. At £1500 to convert the car, and £2500 for the gas compressor, it's not exactly cheap. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

It looks like business isn't good. The website looks like it hasn't been updated in a while...

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Heavens! Nowhere on that website is there any mention of the fuel duty you'd presumably have to work out and pay. Isn't it more cost effective to use barbecue bottles and just, like, twist the valve on and off by hand?

Reply to
Mark W

No. Thats the expensive way.

Reply to
Burgerman

I've been watering down petrol for years. It works best with a Fish carburettor though.

Reply to
Mark W

I didn't think you could still get them, according to there web site: "Please allow 3 to 6 months for delivery."

Reply to
Depresion

Seems there really is one born every day.

USA Department of Defence have been scammed big time by hybrid split cycle air engine.

've read the a patents and know it will never work. India is supporting research into a SIX STOKE engine (HA HA HA HEE HO)
Damn everytime I see "six stroke" I fall off my chair laughing. TATA is being taken to the cleaners by a claimed air engine. Seems they think can make a 3000psi engine/compressor that's cheap enough to fit to a car. Recharge in 2-3mim from storage tank or 3-4min from on board electric pump.
that as scuba compressors are expensive.http://www.leisurepro.com/Cat/Context_974/Compressors/979.htmlAnd even 20Kw (not small) can't make the CFM of air TATA will need.http://www.abac.co.uk/diving-compressors.htm?referrer=gaad&airc_div&kw=scuba%20compressor&fl=279683&ci=1420400163&network=s&gclid=CMrE07PyhpUCFROA1QodmlxLqg
piston at TDC for whole combustion phase will give majorproblems removing the heat from head and piston. They will have to useexpensive jet engine alloys or high loss higher pressure coolingsystems.

Reply to
Peter Hill

OK your solar/wind power is free but the installed cost depends on size and number of generators. Use an inefficient process and your installed cost goes up to levels that make it a non starter.

Conversion of electricity to H2 and conversion of H2 to power in an IC engine is very inefficient. Electrolysis effy 60% x IC effy 30% = 18%. If your electrolysis is worse then it will reduce the overall efficiency even more, if it's as bad as Steve Firth suggests at 30% then you are down to 9% (your installation needs to be twice the size).

It's better to store the power in batteries and then use the batteries to turn an electric motor. But that incurs loss on loss on loss..., loss in charging batteries and then discharging to charge vehicle batteries. It's better to sell the power to the grid in day time and buy back at night rates to charge batteries.

Reply to
Peter Hill