Just had to put a bunch of whining yanks right....

On high fuel prices.

Some of them where moaning "But I'm a student, I can't afford to pay $1.47 a gallon"

I had to explain to them, the cheapest premium I could find was Esso a

75.9p (was 74.5p last week) a litre for premium (not super).

That worked out at $5.21 for a US Gallon or $6.26USD for an Imperial gallon. Told them to come back and whine when it gets that bad.

BTW, these were Saab drivers, not monster SUV/House on wheels guys.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Petrol prices in the UK suck. I am paying about Aus $1 a litre for 98 octane unleaded here (Perth Western Australia) which is around .40p. My father in law in Iraq at the moment and they are paying around US 1 cent a litre for petrol. They are driving around in land barges like Suburbans over there.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

there was a moan about big 4x4 drivers a few days ago some bloke spends £200 a WEEK filing up his jeep!!!!!! and all his does is drive around London!!!!!! what the f*ck does he do?!?!?!?!?

Reply to
dojj

The Italian newspapers over easter were full of complaints that Italians were really cutting back on taking holiday breaks because of the "outrageous" price of unleaded and diesel. Unleaded had just gone *up* to Eur 1.11 (74p) and diesel to EUR 0.98 (65p) per litre, that was the price on top of the local mountain where I live. Of course as elsewhere it's cheaper at supermarkets etc.

In Luxembourg I paid EUR 0.90 (60p) per litre on the motorway, and I know those places are a rip off compared to the supermarkets in Luxembourg.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I manage around 1000 miles per week, just doing 2 runs in and out of London per day from Slough, plus getting to Slough in the morning, and back in the evening (about 25 miles round trip). Around 37mpg equates to 10p/mile, so if a jeep was doing around half that (quite realistic) then that'd figure out at around £200 / week.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

In news:XrUgc.145$oI2.75@newsfe1-win, AstraVanMan decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Our Ford Excursion uses about £400 a week... I put £30 in it at 3pm this afternoon, and it needs fuel again now. According to the trip computer, it averages 6.2 mpg. Not good.... costs approx £140 to fill, which gives it about 300 miles on a run, or a night and a half of work.

Admittedly this is mainly sitting in traffic, both AC systems on, carrying 8 people and not being switched off at all for about 8 hours on average.

The wonders of a 6.8 V10..

Reply to
Pete M

Blimey, you guys must be able to charge the customers a lot.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

sod that! what annoys me about the MR2 is that i have to fill as it'll stretch to 200 miles to a tank and i pay 76.4p a litre at the total garage i fill it up at, dunno what that is in mpg as i can't be arsed to get my calc out :)

Reply to
Vamp

Ours is 98.9cent for petrol and 91.9cent for diesel at the minute, only a small shitty place so you can get it for around 5 cent cheaper elsewhere

Reply to
Chet

And the owner of the Wrangler I've been working on keeps telling me it's so much more economical than their old Clio. Only takes 20 quid of petrol a week to do maybe 100 miles.

Reply to
Stuffed

Yes i've heard of them yanks. Arn't they a community of history lovers who have to come to britain to see some?? Anything older than 500 years??

Reply to
FEo2 Welder

Steve Firth raved thus:

:: MeatballTurbo wrote: :: ::: Some of them where moaning "But I'm a student, I can't afford to pay ::: $1.47 a gallon" :: :: The Italian newspapers over easter were full of complaints that :: Italians were really cutting back on taking holiday breaks because :: of the "outrageous" price of unleaded and diesel. Unleaded had just :: gone *up* to Eur 1.11 (74p) and diesel to EUR 0.98 (65p) per litre, :: that was the price on top of the local mountain where I live. Of :: course as elsewhere it's cheaper at supermarkets etc.

Paid 85.9p/litre of Optimax on Friday, in Birmingham. 81.9p/litre yesterday at some services on the A1. And I still haven't won a supercar :(

Reply to

Don't suppose you have a Maserati GT Coupe in there you don't want do you?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo