Musbishitti

So, there I was in Portsmouth, following a Mitsubishi FTO. It was being driven really, really badly. All over the road and going for the "slowest acceleration ever" award at each traffic light. In a 50 limit the car barely got up to 30 and that seemed to take forever.

The back window had what looked like a 90% tint so very difficult to see what the driver was like. I couldn't get past because where the road had two lanes they were either dedicated turn right or there was solid traffic, usually both.

I got around to thinking either drunk (at lunchtime) or on the phone. The weaving between lanes was fairly poor. Where I had to turn right to leave Pompey the car kept left so I thought I was OK. No, at the last moment the driver slammed on the anchors and swerved across the front of my car at the same time and turned right down the same road.

When I got to the roundabout under the M27 where I'd be heading right, I got my chance and passed the car. Sneaked a peek at the driver.

Woman, bleach blonde. Thick glasses. Pink jacket.

Drunk? Didn't seem so. Phone? No.

So what was causing the erratic driving and no use of indicators?

She was 100% engrossed in sucking her thumb. Completely away with it like a baby in a pram. Thumb rammed into gob, fingers curled around her nose. Oblivious to the work around her.

Reply to
Steve Firth

OTOH I bet her boyfriend's a happy chappy.

Reply to
Doki

My wife has a Mitsubishi FTO and it seems to be popular with the ladies. She says that one cross she's forced to bear as a result is having to be tarred with the same brush. Unlike them though, she can regularly be found at the Jap shows hooning down drag strips along with the rest of the loons in the FTOOC.

Reply to
Conor

I heard this, and for some reason though of you:

Steve Firth

Reply to
Conor

She was probably trying to get you to stop tailgating her and swerving about trying to overtake when it was not suitable to do so. No one is really interested in your message anyway, what possible reason would you have for posting it? I see lots of bad drivers, mainly motorbike riders who squeeze between lanes of traffic and jump red lights. Most end up dead and have to be scraped off the road. Bad car drivers tend to be young boy racers and young women. Then the next is people who claim to be so disabled for benefit claims that they couldn't manage to even get in to the car nevermind control it, people with dementure and cataracts which doctors and the DVLA allow to drive. If I was to post about each case, each accident, each sighting and put the videos on a site it would take ages. It is not really of interest to people.

Reply to
IanT

That the first thing that you have said that's true. Your bullshit attacks on anyone in sight are of no interest to anyone. Perhaps you could get back to your bottle?

Reply to
Steve Firth