*Ping* Richard KP

That funky like Toyota with the gullwing doors you used to have, a Sera I think, do you have any good pics of it online that you could provide me links too :-) ? One of my mates just started talking about them to me, he knows someone who has one apparently, and he wanted to know more about them. I was wondering if you could also furnish me with some useful/interesting Sera facts and owner experiences etc?

Thanks dude :-)

Reply to
DanB

Not to butt in or anything, butt...

' web forum.

Reply to
Mark W

Heh, there are a few pics up on my various websites, I'll dig out the links. Useful things are stuff like "if the thermostat is buggered, the auto box won't go into overdrive" and "I can change a door strut in 20 minutes" ;)

There are loads of them in the UK now, it's amazing. Great little cars. I had three, Phase 1 automatics x 2 (one with a bodykit) and Phase 3 manual (the black one I liked best). If he finds J557 WAX anywhere, that's my old Phase 3.

Phase 3s have high-level brake lights, side impact beams and are generally a bit nicer to have for being "rarer" than the Phase 1 & 2 models.

(I got my C6 now! Also, I saw a yellow F1 Clio thingy going Southbound near Junction 31 on the M6 today).

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Ta :-)

You've actually taken delivery? Awesome! Pics? And the Clio - sweet :-)

Reply to
DanB

(obviously abandoned).

Pictures from the first day - I need to get my plate on it, and the mudflaps haven't been delivered, and it's got some crap wax on the windscreen from the "valeting" company (actually, I slag it off but the car is spotless despite kicking around for a year, apart from a mark on the bumper due to be fixed when it's convenient for me from the sales manager tapping it with a C3).

Absolutely love it. It's not fast, I'd be able to beat it in an XM comfortably on the backroads and probably in a CX with enough power, but it's VERY good at 5 hour drives where you get out feeling better than when you got in the car. And I've just about sussed the Jukebox, though iTunes saw fit to add numbers to my MP3s so the albums are all a mess. Renaming 100 albums using a joystick and phone keypad isn't fun.

In isolation, I reckon it's not as good looking as it could have been but in a service-station carpark it looks striking amongst the rest of the kit and the window profile and side view is brilliant.

It's also a pig to get into my driveway - yet it's only 3" longer and a touch narrower than a 4dr Mondeo, so I think it's down to my perception and the wheelbase, rather than it being unwieldy. Usually I'm fine with big cars and rubbish with small ones.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Sweet, thanks for those! I think the burgundy one with the bigger wheels and the mild kit -

-looks the best :-)

Awesome, glad you got it sorted. I really like them look of them for a big car, they're just so much more stylish than of that bland German rubbish. The interior looks very nice as well, comfy to the max - what's the problem with the spec? Something to do witth the seats?

Reply to
DanB

it's supposed to be a standard Exclusive spec, which would have surprisingly flimsy feeling but folding rear seat, so long loads can go through. It's got the £1000 "pack lounge" option which replaces those with electrically reclining TGV-style rear seats.

Great, extra posh stuff on my car, but I never sit in the back and I sometimes have to carry long things. So it'll get a towbar sooner (I just mised a brand new one for £50 on eBay).

The interior design really grows on you when you drive it - the black section makes a shape much like a CX dashboard's curve visually and a lot of the buttons are redundant because the voice control is limited but effective.

Best bit, though - after all that time in the Ignis, I made sure I got this before doing a seminar in Manchester (hence it's not got the plates on yet, because I have to wait to get the logbook back) - drive to and from Manchester in the worst rush hour traffic, 8 hours on a Hilton "we hate you really" conference chair. Usually by the end of the day I'd have been limping about and the idea of driving the Suzuki back would have made me stay an extra hour to avoid the rush hour traffic.

Got into the C6, tweaked the seat some more, and the sun was out - with the aircon and that interior colour, it was like coming out of the conference and relaxing on a caribbean beach. I was so calm, I didn't get annoyed with any of the other traffic.

The car did reboot itself on the way home, but it hasn't repeated that trick yet. I think the computer does more than navigation, as the speedo changed to KMH until it had restarted!

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick