Re: Are these really out yet!!?

> Maybe a mule, I know they're close to it but I did't think they'd > actually been released into the wild yet.

There are a couple of examples doing the rounds of Bentley dealers for 'exclusive existing and prospective customer preview evening reception bollocks malarkey'. Or words to that effect. The Leicester dealership held theirs a couple of weeks ago.

Reply to
Grant Mason

Bentley are using the VAG W12 engine?? That is one nice engine. At the motor show I was looking at the display for that engine (in that glass, well probably perspex, cabinet) and remembered thinking to myself whilst admiring the torque curve that there really wasn't all that much between that and the

6.2 twin turbo lump in the Turbo R.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

The new Continental GT has nocked the Aston off top spot as my "when I win the lottery" dream car....

Reply to
Pete

ROFLMAO at my own ignorance!!!!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Apparently it's pretty inefficient for its output. But then so is the VW 'V' 6.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Yep, Altincham, Lymm, Mere, and Alderley edge are all within Chaufuer driven spitting distance of Wilmslow. Lots of Financial and tech companies based round there.

Shame it's such a crappy station to commute to/from by train.

Saw my first porsche dealer in Wilmslow. And the charity stores there have better quality second hand designer brands than most high street stores have new, so even the scum are are smart. Helps keep the town looking nice.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Nah, It's all 3's and 4's.... (or was it 6's and 7's?? - ruin your own punchline day)

Phil

Reply to
Phil Howard

That's bad, no that's really bad! :)

Reply to
DervMan

I used to live in Wilmslow. TBH the wealth of Wilmslow/Alderly Edge has little to do with football. The footballers tend to prefer Bowden. When I lived in Wilmslow my neighbours were rich car dealers, the head of Arthur Andersen, several senior people from ICI, and an arse of a Radio

1 DJ. I can't recall any footballers at all. My wife's friend from school had a Merc SL500 and we had an Alfa. Several people along the street had Porsches. But I can't recall feeling as if we or anyone else we met was fabulously wealthy. I did seem to have more cash in my pocket than I have darn sarf though.
Reply to
Steve Firth

Not Moyles perchance?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Bruno Brooks does live the North west. He has a Radio DJ school/College in Stoke. His Uncle/Grandad (can't remember which) used to come into the bookies I worked in, in Sandbach, quite regularly.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo