Re: OT:Speeding

Hang on though, 'Ronny' did say it was on a corner. Braking *and* steering at the same time is apparently impossible.

I think 'Ronny' might be a woman...

Reply to
PC Paul

LOL, I think we're on the same page. I know of such an example you mean where the camera must be no further than a few feet past the sign. It's at the end of the DC section of the A51 at Sandon.

Reply to
Conor

I also lived in Manchester.

And Swansea.

My mother's family are from Cardiff. I live in Wales. I won't be moving, unless someone wants to give me a 100% pay rise to move.

Reply to
SteveH

The convertible Astra wasn't for his missus at all!

Ron, you're secret's out.

(c;

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Am i missing somthing here?

Your pictures are in the wrong order there.

Pic 1 clearly shows the countdown signs to the start of the 30mph zone. As these are NOT a legal requirement they could of been painted pink with a blue border or any colour they felt like at the time

2 pictures clearly shows 30 mph signs painted in the road, well before the start of the 30 zone and well before the Gatso.

Also, your definition of 2 car lengths would indicate that your wife thinks you have a 25" c*ck and you were using the standard of stretched limo's as 1 car length.

You are not going to get out of that one, take it on the chin and save your time and money.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Can you increase your font please conor, OP obvioulsy cant read everyone elses post stating the obvious and didnt see the signs so he must have not so good eyesight!!

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Ronny said

But "I have taken some pics as I knew it flashed me, but tbh without braking hard and causing an accident you could never slow from 50 to 30 in 2 car lenths "

If it was quiet then you wouldnt of caused an accident would you.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Yes, please do, i could do with another laugh.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

FFS that has been explained at great length on here several times now (length being a key issue in the spelling of Depresion). Is there some mental problem with every Steve* on uk.rec.cars.modifications? With the possible exception of just Steve.

Reply to
Depresion

They can try that but in court they would have not given you enough assistance to remind you of the incident so you can decide whether or not you were driving the vehicle. Generally they will provide. Personally I think they should provide copies of photos with every one, but the reality is that they don't check every one, they just go by the fact that the camera has triggered and issue an NIP regardless of the guilt of the driver. More than once I've had NIPs cancelled just by asking for or complaining about the photos. It might not even be his car (had that once) but a similar one with a similar reg, or a different one with the same reg (!)

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Indeed, as shown by your other failings, you're a moron.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Hi,

I don't know whether this may be of any help. Have a look at

17, Item 10 (Sign 670 - statutory speed limit) (1) Where the sign is a terminal sign and is erected on a trunk or principal road within 50 metres of a street lamp lit by electricity, it shall throughout the hours of darkness -

(a) be continuously illuminated by means of internal or external lighting and may also be reflectorised; or

(b) while the street lamp is lit, be continuously illuminated by means of external lighting and shall also be reflectorised.

I am not a lawyer. Have a nice day.

-- Paul

"Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others" - Socrates [470-399]

Reply to
Paul H

TBH, this would be of mre help to him:

Since the "50mph sign that was approx 6 inches high" is a repeater sign, which means that he passed several similar signs and, more importantly, a full sized sign at the start of the 50mph speed limit section.

You do know what "terminal sign" means in this context, don't you?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Rofl. :0)

I assumed this, but he said he saw 1x50mph sign but, with your linkage suggestion and reading the other posts in this thread I can only assume that he wasn't being vigilant enough.

Terminal can mean start or end, however with notice to how the signs are layed out around here i'm guessing its the first sign from change of speed limit (from 70 to 50 - if the 50 sign is placed near a lamp then the 50 sign should have lights, any repeaters there after are not required to be illuminated). Please do correct me if my interpretation is wrong (along with spelling and grammer mistakes :D)

Cheers.

-- Paul

"Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others" - Socrates [470-399]

Reply to
Paul H

No I think you have it, the first 50 sign and the end of restriction (NSL) signs should confirm to the rules you suggest. However there's no requirement to have a large 50 sign before the 30 limit sign because in that case the 30 sign is the terminal one.

It seems as if Ronny didn't see, or will not admit to seeing the initial

50 sign. This is odd since he claims to know the area. Then he missed seeing all of the repeaters other than one, then he missed the countdown markers, and he missed the associated roadworks signs, missed seeing the 30 restriction until he was on top of it, missed seeing the camera despite the many camera warning signs that he also didn't see and finally missed seeing that his speed was signficantly above the limit. From what hs says he speedo was probably registering 45, and possibly more than that since he admits that he didn't brake.

And his claim that he couldn't brake from 50 to 30 without causing an accident seems bizarre since he says no one was following him. Or perhaps someone was, and he didn't see them either.

I'm not going to criticise anyone for making the same mistakes I do.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Ah yes, "length" has always been a key element of depression. Allegedly :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Well when you keep standing on it, eventually it can get you down. ;p

Reply to
Depresion