Seek: wheel path diagrams

I thought it woul dbe easy but I can't find any web sites which show diagrams of the path taken by the wheels of a car when cornering.

I want diagrams to explain to a beginner how the rear wheels do not follow the path of the front wheels.

Reply to
David

David (David ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

You'll probably want to google for "Ackermann geometry"

Reply to
Adrian

C. E. White

Get a toy car and some paint....

Reply to
adder1969

The radius you are looking for is called: Toe out On Turns:

The formula varies by car length or wheelbase, to be more exact.

See if you can find the : Beeline web site, they should have a nice spec sheet there, with an arc drawn through the different wheelbase lengths.

They sent me a hard copy 25 years ago, when I was doing truck frames and alignments, and never can find it when I look through my frame manuals.

Reply to
Refinish King