Sig Change Full Details

It's not that they're bad to drive, it's that the build quality is terrible, I mean, really bad. Lots of squeeks and rattles, oily bits going wrong before they should etc. The 75 is light years ahead, it's really that bad.

It was fun whilst it lasted.

Reply to
SteveH

I'm going to write a letter...

A paltry 150bhp?

From a 1.8? Weren't Alfa making engines with a higher specific output around the time they invented the wheel, sliced bread and the low maintenence bag free hoover?

Jings man! Its got a horrible laggy low compression rushy mid range turbo style powerband as well.

And you spent more than £1000.

Zzzzz. Sorry, just looked at the pic and fell asleep for a moment there.

(c:

Hmm, my next car, whatever I buy is so going to be raised to the ground by burny flames by a certain someone... Still. Carpe diem etc.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

You called?

Reply to
Pete M

Pop down to your local friendly MOT centre, and get them to do the emissions test. Takes no time, so won't cost you anything if you're a good blagger :) It's a good indicator of Lambda poopage.

Reply to
Nom

Of course - nobody buys dealer cars at list price !

Reply to
Nom

"SteveH" wrote

I just looked at the website. The people who run the place have put their pictures up! Enough to put you off your dinner, let alone make you want to buy a car. Which dodgy hardman did you buy the Passat off?

Reply to
fishman

I've done a CO test, and it's fine (well within tolerances for age but a little high), but they tend to go slowly, and before anything else bugger up idling (so the slight hunting may have less to do with airleaks or the dumpvalve, but may have been made worse), and fuel consumption.

After changing some VAC hoses, and doing an ECU reset, I'm getting the best MPG I have had for a while managed 20.1 last week. The GT4 is supposed to do between 20 and 34. That was with motorway crusing, and a little raggging. last few weeks before, I managed two at 19mpg, and 1 at

16MPG, then I found a broken perished vac hose. Ironically, I get better MPG when ragging, which leads me to believe the lambda is going because the GT4 only uses the Lambda when idling or when cruising below a certain road and engine speed.
Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

ah sounds like your right to me going by what your saying. i get around

22-24mpg with a lot of town driving and closer to 30mpg on long cruises
Reply to
Vamp

sod the ugly bastards, i like the TVR they have in stock and the merc is kinda pimping too :)

Reply to
Vamp

The grey golf looks tidy :o)

Reply to
Mason

"Sleeker GT Phwoar" wrote

I think you might need to always run on Super/Ultimate/Optimax?

Reply to
fishman

Yep. Seems a littl better. If all I did was town, then I might expect

18-20 because of the extra drag of the 4wd system, but most of what I do is motorway (albeit slow 40-60) drives during rush hour.

One time I did an 180 mile round trip just after I fitted the cone filter and it did get 30mpg on super unleaded.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

It's a UK car designed for 95ron, but can use Super if you ECU reset after a problem/repair/tune.

Those 19-20mpg runs have been done on super, Sainbury's super to be precise, but at 84.9 until this week it was the cheapest I could find and 2p a litre more than sainsbury's normal 95, and now at 81.9 a litre, cheaper than 95 used to be.

TBH, it isn't much different consumption on 95, but runs just that little bit cooler on super, so the fan kicks in less often in traffic or slow moving once upto temp.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Heh. I live in South Wales. People tend to look like that in the valleys ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

haven't put 95 in mine and don't want to really. mainly use BP ultimate and a whoping 91p a litre! only the good shit for my beast though :-D

Reply to
Vamp

What a Boring Car ;-)

John F - Passat Driver :-)

P.S. I love it. All the toys as you said, but mine's got 4WD as well ................

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

You sound like the guy at work, who only buys Porsche screenwash for his=20 Boxster, at =A315 a litre.

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Yeah that merc's quite nice....so where is Blackwood then?

Reply to
Pete MC

Around 15 miles north of Cardiff. 2 miles from my place.

It's the home-town of the Manics, too :-)

Reply to
SteveH

nothing wrong with showing the motor a bit of love :) and anyway at least ultimate is different to normal 95ron, porsche screenwash is probably the same piss halfords use :)

Reply to
Vamp