Today I Am Driving . . .

You missed my point, I was insulting the XUD donk by whispering the name of a superior engine! :)

Yup. The Monde-cough Jaguar donk was co-developed with the PSA Group.

Reply to
DervMan

Have you any idea the sort of trouble I'd be in if I came home in a Mondeo TDCi? :)

Reply to
DervMan

/cough/ Hill. Even between York and Hull, there's a lovely uphill stretch of dual carriageway, it's quite possible to be at full power all of the way, even more likely when there's an arse in a Golf behind. :)

Reply to
DervMan

Um, when do you ever do that ? At any rate, your bottom-end/clutch/gearbox would be screwed very quickly if you did it on a regular basis :)

Reply to
Nom

I'd imagine a damn-sight less trouble than arriving home in a Fester :)

Reply to
Nom

Imagine what would get said to me if i chose the Fiesta over the Mondeo :)

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

They are. Some are the same donk - the 1.4 TDCi is essentially a lightly reworked 1.4 HDi 8v - some merely have the PSA Group's influence.

Can't say I blame them, to be honest . . .

Yeah, I read about that a while, dribble dribble mid-mounted rear wheel drive Ka with a 3.0 V6 . . . diesel . . . . .

Reply to
DervMan

/checks post/

B*gger I didn't put the name in there, d'oh!

It has me at full throttle in fourth for about two minutes! :)

Reply to
DervMan

Oddly enough, no. You see, I'd have a certain distain for the Fester, so too would Charlie.

The same would not be said of the Mondeo! "Look darling, it's got blah-blah-blah-blah" and the road test would just be a bit boring, "it's got a bloody brilliant engine" rather than my updated mark 4.5 Fiesta bit on the site . . . :)

Reply to
DervMan

Ah right, so that's the single place his aircon will turn off then ;)

Reply to
Nom

Heh! There are a few others; have you driven along the A59 from York west? :)

Reply to
DervMan

Yes, I get the point. But you've gotta admit, it's not a common occurence. And the more power you have, the less common it becomes !

Reply to
Nom