Volvo 850 T5

Can anyone settle a little arguement me and my mate are having: What does the T5 stand for on a Volvo 850 T5. Tar Rich

Reply to
Richard Brant

T = turbo, 5 = 5 cylinder at a guess

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

THUNDERBIRD 5 ??????/

Reply to
Burgerman

It doesnt really- but you could extraporlate it to Turbo 5 cylinder.

all the 800 / 70 / 60 / (& some of 80) series are 5 cylinder, and the high pressure variants are called T5's.

Similarly the 40 series with the 4 cylinder high pressure turbo engine are called T4's...

The S80 T6 is a turbo 6 cylinder...

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM. Registry corupted, reformated HD and l

Turbo Five Cylinder.

T6 is a Turbo six, T4 is a turbo four.

Used on the higher performance high pressure turbo models. R is used on the top ones (or T5-R on some)

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

ok what about what the R means then :)

Reply to
Vamp

Rapid :)

Reply to
Dan405

toRque steeR

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Ditto, I've got two in a cupboard. Maxtor are s**te

Reply to
Lordy

great - there's two HDs in the PC I'm using now. One is a maxtor, the other is a deskstar....

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

And it's a wierd driving experience. Slow off the line, but goes off like it's on drugs at any rolling speed. Then amuses itself by running hard to the limiter - as if to let you know "I can go faster but Volvo won't let me".

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

You should be so lucky...

I have 4 raid arrays, 8 drives 50/50 deathstars and maxtors, and 2 stand alone IDE deathstars as well. For what its worth the gxp120 drives dont fail. The 60 and 75 series ones do due to a design fault that apparently does not exist...

So far I have replaced ALL the deathstars at least once and in some cases 3 times. Not one maxtor yet but you never know....

Reply to
Burgerman

Heh! Now someone tells me.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

You two, back your systems up. Quick!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Hey don't knock Maxtor, I've sent a shedload of faulty drives back that I was given for free, all replaced under 5 year warranty and flogged on Ebay. :-)

And my one and only drive - 120gig is a Maxtor - all my eggs in a big basket. ;-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

I do, this is why i need ten hard disks! No kidding.

I have back ups of back ups.

Reply to
Burgerman

I had a Maxtor and an IBM and they both died :) Western digital caviar with

8mb cache! The only way i've found ;)
Reply to
Dan405

Seagate's Barracudas are a good bet, reasonably priced, reliable and quieter than most 'silent' drives (noise wasn't a driving factor in choosing them, more of an unexpected bonus)

...pi

Reply to
pi