Volvo V40 abs

Hi, Just measured the AC readings from each ABS sensor with the folling results.

approx 40 mph

FR 3.8 V AC FL 3.4 V AC RR 8.5 V AC RL 9.3 V AC

Is this normal??? I don´t need to tell you that my ABS lamp is on, because it is, and the (!) lamp goes on after 5 metres and stays on. HELP!!! Thanks Wes

Reply to
wes

in news:4219d00d$0$13299$ snipped-for-privacy@news.freenet.de, "wes" slurred :

On the old 960, the diagnostic for the ABS wheel-speed sensor was to measure the resistance - it should vary between 900 - 2000 ohms as the wheel is turned. I'm not absolutely sure, but I think that the same diagnostic is still used on the newer models.

HTH

Reply to
Albert T Cone

OK, The results were OK, Read out the fault codes, sensors ok, no power to ABS unit. After hours of fault finding, found that the positive cable was breaking down under load, causing the fault.

Volvo wanted to sell me a new ABS unit for 800 quid. I renewed a cable for

50 p!!!

"wes" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4219d00d$0$13299$ snipped-for-privacy@news.freenet.de...

Reply to
Wes