06 mustang stumbles at the light?

I have a stock 06 Mustang 6 cyl, 5 speed automatic etc.

After a long hot drive of an hour or more at highway speeds, if I come to a light and start to take off again, the car will balk, die, stumble or something like that. When I try to pull away again, no problem and no problem for a few months either.

This has happened about 6 times in 16000 km.

Regular gas.

I will be taking it to the dealer for remedy but I just wanted to be a little better informed so he is less likely to be successful if he tries to blow smoke up my A**.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Bill

Reply to
Bill & Gail

I had a similar thing happen last fall about three times. It never died, just felt like it missed a spark (it just hesitated). Always happened when I would start up after driving for a while at high speeds (like stopping at a toll booth on the tollway). Took it to the dealership, and they had to replace the fuel pump. Still under warranty, so no charge.

Reply to
Ken Zwyers

Oh, I forgot to mention, my car is also an '06 Mustang, the only difference being mine is a 8-cyl GT.

Reply to
Ken Zwyers

Thanks Ken and congratulations.

My symptoms exactly. Now I feel better prepared.

Bill

Reply to
Bill & Gail