1966 Mustang Won't idle

I have a 1966 mustang 3 speed straight 6. If you rev. it high it will run fine but as soon as you push the clutch in to shift gears or stop it won't idle. My experience with working on cars is very limited. I was going to try and change out the Carb. but it has no identifying marks on it. so i don't know what type of carb or size (all i know is it's a one barrel) to use.

Reply to
Ben S via CarKB.com

First look for any deteriorated vacuum lines. These are small hoses around the intake manifold.

Learn how to perform a tune-up on a points equipped engine. The library may have a manual to check out.

bradtx

Reply to
bradtx