1976 Mustang II siezed

Hello All. I've been storing this car for a long time and the V-6 2800cc is locked up. Anybody have a cheap fix? In Wisconsin. Thanks in advance, Tim.

Reply to
Timothy Hoppe

It depends on why it's locked up.... was it running when it was parked?

if so, Some oil through the spark plug holes and turning it over by hand first might be worth a shot. But if the starter can't turn it the damage may too severe to get it running right without opening up the engine and rebuilding it.

That said, how is the starting system working?

Reply to
Brent P

Cheap and ugly...

Get the block out of the car. Put it on a bench up side down. Pour some oil in it every day, flip it over, pour some more from the top... for a week. Then start trying to pry it loose...rotate the crank up down, up down...until it loosens up. Continue pouring oil in it every day until it loosens up...

Then disasemble and check everything...might need new bearings (maybe not...) honing stone in the cylinders and a set of rings...

Your mileage might vary...

Serge

Reply to
Serge

Be sure it's the motor and not just the starter. Had a 4cyl sit for three years and the starter seized up. I took it out and tried to jump it straight off the battery... no go. New starter, everything was fine.

-= Francis Yarra =- fyarraATjunoDOTcom

- My drywall website
- My C64 website
- My personal website