1990 cooling fan relay (?)

1990 Mustang LX 2.3L/4 cylinder/5 speed/104,000+ miles

The cooling fan will not work. I replaced the cooling fan. The new cooling fan works when hooked directly to a battery. But does not work when installed. Replaced the temperature sensor switch. Fan still does not work. The last option I can think of is the cooling fan relay switch. Despite the not-so-helpful Chilton diagrams, I cannot find the cooling fan relay under the hood.

I'm not sure I even want to find it!. I'm thinking of wiring a switch from the dash to the fan with a fuse to prevent fire. Sounds easier.

Your suggestions and comments are appreciated,

DanBerger

Reply to
DanBerger