99 Miata Radiator Cooling Fan Relay?

Drivers side cooling fan (radiator fan?) isn't working. Tested the fan and it's working. So I'm guessing it's the fan relay? Anything else
that could be the problem? If it's the relay where is the damn thing located? I see what looks like 3 relays located under a cover between the passenger fender and the main fuse box. The tops are slotted and slide onto metal tabs.
They look like this
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk9045
Sure, as the fan is working it might be the relay, cabling or the temperature sensor. I don't have a wiring diagram available to check, it might also be one of the fuses. Maybe you can find more useful information in the workshop manual on how to locate the damaged part (google or http://www.freepdfmanual.com/2010/02/20/1999-mazda-mx-5-miata-service-manual-workshop-and-repair-guide ). The location of the relay is correct, IMHO it should be the one closest to the firewall/passenger seat. The relay connectors should look like this (little pin close to connector B): # --- | B | --- --- | D C | --- --- | A | ---
A and B should be conneted and have some resistance as it is the relay coil. C and D should be disconnected. If you connect A to + and B to GND, the relay should close and have a connection between C and D with almost 0 Ohms.

In case anyone else has the same problem, turns out it was the plug that plugs directly into the fan. I wiggled the plug and the fan would run as long as I continued to wiggle it.
Mazda made a pigtail for this up until 2001.
Now you will have to search the salvage yards and find someone that is willing to cut the wiring harness and sell you the plug only.
Under the hood and right behind the driver's side headlight, there is an erect black plastic panel with 3 mounting holes. The front hole mounts the headlight relay. The middle hole holds the cooling fan relay.
Drivers side cooling fan (radiator fan?) isn't working. Tested the fan and it's working. So I'm guessing it's the fan relay? Anything else that could be the problem? If it's the relay where is the damn thing located? I see what looks like 3 relays located under a cover between the passenger fender and the main fuse box. The tops are slotted and slide onto metal tabs.
They look like this
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk9045
On 9/13/2011 12:40 PM, Brian Minto wrote:

And the third relay if present is the fog light relay?