1996 cobra stuttering on acceleration

4.6 dohc 32v 57,000miles new plugs,new air filter, new oil filter, new fuel filter obd2 say miss in cylinder 4. OBD2 says everything else in spec. Have not replaced wires but I checked them and they are in spec. Wire 4 reads ~12000ohms. Anybody ever check there wires to see what the resistance is? Don't want to spend $130.00 on wires if they are OK. I may have a bad exhaust valve too don't know yet. I do excellent maintenence on the engine but I do drive it hard.
Reply to
dave

What kind of plugs are you using? Perhaps you or your mech broke #4 when installing them. Is 130 bones the cost from the dealer for wires? You should check for aftermarket wires from MSD or others. Are you sure that isn't 12K milliohms?

Reply to
Mark C.

Same problem w/ me.. was partly due to spark plugs, but mostly due to ignition wires. Mine were $55 for a 98 Mustang GT. I don't think wires are $130 for your car... even factory.

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

<memset

Motorcraft.

Perhaps you or your mech broke #4 when

Not broken.

Is 130 bones the cost from the dealer for wires? From dealer, I've heard people had problems with aftemarket wires for cobra.

You should

$140.00 for accel wires

Are you sure that isn't 12K

Yes.

:)

Reply to
dave

Had the same problem on the same cylinder, reinstalled the wires and the stutter went away.

Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

lmfao foctard got a missfire code from a miss when under a load bwhahahahahahahahah its called a vacume guage FOCTARD it costs about 10 bucks tell ya how them valves are cooking

who the f*ck MEASURE ohms of wires i will tell a ya secret get a buddy load it up get a windex bottle ...fill with water lightly mist the wires

believe me that many volts has to go somewhere so promote a SPARK what they dont tell ya in them backyard books is theat when you measure the wire you may have "closed" the gap in the core material ya FOCKTARD..

hurc ast canada red seal ford masterteck alberta inspections

lmfao

Reply to
baywatch 904133

If the wires aren't the problem then consider this:

The 4.6 dohc has two ignition coil packs, one for each bank of cylinders, right? It is possible that the one that feeds cyl. #4 is malfunctioning. Possibly a crack allowing moisture in. Is the stutter worse when it is cold and damp outside and the engine is cold?

Mario

-- Eng> 4.6 dohc 32v 57,000miles

Reply to
Mario

The anatomy of our troll

Reply to
Omar's Boss

Dave, Most of the time you wouldn't be able to tell if a plug is broke by looking at it.

Reply to
Mark C.

Understood and I agree, but in my case I ripped out the wires and reinstalled them and all was hunky dory after that.

Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog