1998 Chevy Camaro z-28

Has anyone driven an LS-1 Camaro?> My bro-in-law is buying one, Anything he should look out for.. I know this is a stang site, but most here are pretty well informed on the Foe that is the camaro...Anyone ever driven one?>

Reply to
BeverlyOmasta

Camaro isn't a foe... damn nice cars. Is he getting a manual or auto?

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

I've driven a few LS-1 Camaros. They are very strong running cars! Mechanically, from what I've heard, they're pretty sound. The LS1 is a sweet motor and both the automatic, and especially the 6-speed, are very stout. Driveline wise, the rear axle is its only weak link.

I'd suggest he take it for a long test drive(s). Because as much as I like the LS1 motor, and I like it a lot, I could never get comfortable with the interior of the Camaros. The long-slung seating and steeply raked windshield really turned me off. But everyone is different. It may appeal to him and if it does he'll be in heaven.

Note: I've cross-posted this over to the Cambird newsgroup. Those guys will be able to give you more specifics and pros/cons.

Cambird guys, please snip off RAMFM from your replys so we don't get another "GM working on a Mustang Competitor" disaster. Seems the cross-posted stuff stays civil for about a dozens posts then degrades (grenades?) into a war. And you'd think pony car guys could get along...

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

thanks fellas...

Reply to
BeverlyOmasta

Reply to
Stephen Rabinowitz

Is the '98 an LS-1 or an LT-1?

In any event, I've driven a couple, but I don't know too much about 'em (other than I'd rather tune up any 4.6 than try to change the plugs and wires on that piece... have you opened the hood yet?). I've driven a '02 Camaro SS 6-speed... quite a fine car.

In any event, the 350 offers plenty of room to work with it. At least they finally quit putting that 305 boat anchor in 'em. Even the Chevy guys I know admit that there's not much use for that engine.

JS

Reply to
JS

'98 was the year the LS1 debuted in the Cambirds.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick