2005 MUSTANGS ARE UGLY

Man those things are ugly looking... Anyone agree?

Reply to
BeverlyOmasta

Entering into the unknown, V'ger seeks information used to maintain his Vintage Burgundy 1965 Ford Mustang 2+2 w/289 ci 4v oem A Code V8, C4 Trans,

16x8" Vintage 40 wheels, with BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR16 tires, American Racing "Mustang" Centercaps, and a whole lot of other stuff; )
Reply to
V'ger

Yes. When it first appeared in MT I thought it was neat. But after seeing some of the sharp looking 04s out and about I have no desire to own an 05. A guy at work just got one and has been bringing in pictures and brochures. No one seems to care. He'd get more attention if he'd wear a patch on his eye for a day or two.

DC

Reply to
Deadcarnahans

The only part I don't like is the front facia - seems very heavy / blocky compared to the rest of the car.. But I'm sure the aftermarket will fix that up soon, if they haven't already.

Reply to
Heath Doane

Nope, but I hope more people like you don't like it either so I can actually go to the dealer and get one at a decent price.

Reply to
Neoisthe1

Compared to what?

Seems the vast majority like the looks of the '05 Mustang. It has received a better welcome than any of previous designs of recent history.

If history tells us anything, a percentage of those who don't initially don't like the new design, will like it after it grows on them awhile.

Patrick (fan of the '05) '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

Not I.

Reply to
Garth Almgren

BeverlyOmasta opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m28.aol.com:

Nope! And I'm old enough to have seen every single release from the vantage point of a potential owner driver.

I think they got it REAL close to perfect

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Reply to
Wound Up

Nope. After sitting in one today and going over it completely, I like the outside a ton. I think the new suspension rocks. I think the seats feel good and look nice. The shifter is actually in the right position now. The chrome on the inside is actually not that bad.

What I do hate is the instrument cluster. The deep tunnels are silly and the retro gauge faces are ugly. The gauges in the center tunnel are hard to read.

I was somewhat disappointed in the depth of the fenders. There's no putting a fat wheel and tire on the back of this car. Steeda claims they can get a

285 on the rear and I'll bet that's it without the wheel/tire sticking way out.

This motor will be a winner. Whipple has their supercharger out for the 5.4,

3 valve motor and they say they'll have the 4.6, 3 valve version out by SEMA. The Whipple folks are saying 500 bhp at 8 psi of boost, which is more than the internals can even support :).

Coil-over front suspension. Three link rear end.

Good looks and high performance. Can't wait for the 'vert :).

Reply to
Dan

This is very often true, but no one looks back and realizes it. I didn't like the '94 that much until '97. I didn't like the '99 that much until '02. But I like the '05 now because the front looks like '69 and the rear looks like '70.

Lance '69 Convertible w/ 302 and 260k miles '70 Coupe w/ motor on stand

Reply to
Lance Olive

At first in the magazines I thought they could do a better job. After seeing one in person the other day I absolutely love the car for its baseline looks and potential. These cars look good in any color even pastels if they wanted. You have to remember this is the first model year and like a '79 matured in '87, '94 in '99 this model will evolve into something even more spectacular. You really can't make the 6 cylinder or regular GT something stellar in the first few years when these are considered tuner cars. If they sell 100k's of these a year people would want their individual looks from aftermarket sources. To include we will soon see Cobra, Saleen, SHELBY, Roush, Sean Hyland Editions. Imagine the many spoiler packages, stripe kits, lowering suspensions, hoods, scoops, exhaust, and performance parts.

-Nick

Reply to
Nicholas D

I disagree, but they did leave one little thing off the GT though. The supercharger!

Reply to
John

Very true. I didn't like them at first, but I'm getting use to them. I think the fit and finish will win me over more than the styling. When I sat in one at the NMRA event the car felt very tight. An even bigger improvment than going from a Fox to the Sn95. I can't even stand the Fox bodies insides anymore. Too much cheap assed plastic.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

That is for sure! The 05 has a 235-55-17 on the same 17x8 wheel and it looks silly with the tire bowing out to fit the wheel. I wonder how a Pro street '05 would look. lol

according to steeda's website the q runs a 18x9 wheel. It looks pretty good. I love the blacked out hood on a yellow car. :)

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

at 25 Oct 2004, BeverlyOmasta [ snipped-for-privacy@aol.com] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m28.aol.com:

Nope! I think they are gorgeous looking, like a 68/69 would look if it was designed now. I like the driver position, feels like a cocoon.

But to each his own. I believe the 99-04 model is ugly, to boxy/square. But I love the 94/98 model...

Reply to
Paul

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (BeverlyOmasta) wrote

Ugly?! While there is no accounting for tastes, that is a ridiculous statement. What exactly is ugly about this car? What two door coupes do you think are beautiful?

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
180 Out

Oh yeah, they left off the Cobra and Mach 1's 4 valve heads too! Is the throttle body and exhausts smaller too? I guess those items will be a no brainer for the Mach 1 when it debuts.

Reply to
John

Aftermarket airdams / rockers, etc void warranties ?? Since when ???

??????

put down that crack pipe next time you feel the need to post !

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum

That's the beautiful thing about warranty - the dealership/company must be able to prove that the modification caused the problem. Listening to the dealer explain a new airdam being the cause for the diff cracking, or the tranny blowing up would have me howling in no time..

Heath

(Reformatted message to 'bottom' posting...)

Reply to
Heath Doane