2007 Mustang GT Question

I recently traded in my 2005 GT for a 2007 GT Convertible.

The car at light acceleration (not hard throttle) exhibits a shake like "a dog wagging it's tail". The dealer has confirmed the shake and are working on correcting.

It doesn't display this under moderate acceleration and as the car has 800 miles on it, I've not floorboarded the pedal....yet

Does anyone have any idea what it might be?

I'm thinking possibly loose motor or transmission mounts

Thanks

Mike

PS I trust the dealer, they've always treated me fairly.

Reply to
Mike

800 miles ???

When are you going to stomp on the gas???

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Sorry - can't offer a guess.......my 2006 GT convert doesn't have that symptom.

But.....good fuel for discussion - how do you break-in a modern car? In Days of Yore, most people "babied" a new car for the first few thousand miles........but I always heard that you shouldn't beat on a new car (much, lol) but drive it the way you normally drive, and if that means a fairly heavy foot, use it.

Opinions?

Reply to
Itsfrom Click

Well in the superduty pickup trucks they (Ford) says drive it normally for the first 500 miles, then you can tow with it and drive it just like you are going to drive it... I guess some people NEVER floor it... The design, machining and assembly processes are quit different today than they were in the 60's. I like the idea of "breaking in a new engine at all throttle positions, just not getting their abruptly. I'm on board with 500 miles before you start roasting the tires or driving with only a two position throttle. :-)

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

I like to go to 1000 miles before anything beyond how "normal" people would drive is attempted so no full throttle starts or high speed runs. Then an oil change at 1000. Both are probably unnecessary but I like to keep a vehicle for at least 15 years so it's worth the restrictions to me "just in case".

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

It doesn't fit exactly but the only time I had a car with a "dog wagging its tail" feeling it was due to tread wiggle on the tires. If the tread gets miss-aligned a bit during manufacture it will make the car waddle at low speeds, usually most pronounced between about 5 to

20 mph. When I replaced the tires on that car the problem went away. I suppose you could have a bent rim but in my experience a bent rim was a lot less noticeable then the tire waddle. Try rotating your tires front to back,most likely only one or two of them are defective, if any are.
Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I have to agree with you on this one. If he is feeling it in the seat of the pants only, then I'd have to say it's more than likely one of, or both the rear tires. If he's feeling it in the steering wheel, then it would have to be one or both front tires. If he's feeling it in both locations, then I'd be looking elsewhere.

66stangman
Reply to
66StangMan