c4 transmission problem

I have a 66 mustang with a 3speed c4 automatic transmission and recently my transmission went out. It was driving fine on the interstate and then i hit a 2 hour traffic jam and about 15 minutes after that (after another small jam) it would no longer go into first gear. Now the car will only drive in when in reverse.

Any thoughts on the problem?

Im stuck in KY with a car that wont get me home. So any help soon would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
tilersheer

it is broke. need to rebuild it by a shop.

Reply to
DmitryKovtun

You need a new one; it's toast. Probably from too much heat in that long taffic jam. Unfortunatly, the odds of you finding the correct trans sitting on the shelf waiting for you are pretty slim. My '66 has that odd shift pattern C4. I took it out and delivered it to a shop, and they rebuilt it for me in about 2 weeks.

Reply to
.boB