351W Edelbrock Pro-Flo EFI

Does anyone have any experience installing/maintaining/driving a car with the edelbrock EFI? I'd be interested to know what the opinion on their kit is.

Also, as my interest in this is as an upgrade for a (mostly) stock

351W, does anyone know what HP I can expect to have? They show dyno results of 395 at 3.5K, but this is on a 302.

Thanks for the help!

Reply to
eat411

Why would you want to spend all that money for the EFI? You'll actuall get better performance from a good carburetor and manifold combination and save $1800.00...

The dyno results are NOT for a conversion on a stock motor. They have swapped heads, cam & lifters and added headers.... another $1700.00 or so.

Reply to
Mustang_66

ive got a 69 351W and i admit the lure of EFI is great, but consider this, at the time id never worked on EFI so i went with the entire edlebrock performer package- manifold, heads, 600cfm carb, cam, also added roller rockers hooker headers, MSD ignition, had to replace balancer. now ive no idea how many ponies i have yet, but my friend thinks i would be a serious match for his stock 89 5.0HO it ended up costing me about $3,000 give or take, but on there own those parts are not that expensive except for the heads. you could get much more serious manifold, carb and cam for only 500-600 bucks. a big plus for EFI is driveability in winter. depends on what your going for, theres lots of options out there.

Reply to
Jack Napier