65 stalling

65 289 4-barrel non high performance 4 speed

Every morning I start the car and go down a half mile long hill and stop at a stop sign. If I put it in third and use engine breaking, it dies at the stop sign and has to crank for 10 sec to start. If I use 4th gear (very little engine breaking) or put it in neutral, it doesnt die at the stop sign.

Somewhat irritating. Any idea whats going on ?

Gene Wagenbreth

what kind of carb? holley will do this if the don't have the secondary slosh tube installed in them, fuel angle pours the fuel in. Chip

Reply to
Chip Stein