67 Mustang Dash Pad Installation-Help

I've been struggling to install an aftermarket complete dashpad on my 67 Mustang.It seems that the passenger side is shrunk and I can't seem to get the dash panel above the glove compartment back on. Is there a means of stretching the pad such as applying heat from a blower? or are these pads just manufactured defective.Thanks for any help KenG

Reply to
keng2

on some of the dash pads, it maybe necessary to remove some material from the inside of the pad where it gets forced over the steel "eyebrows" of the metal part of the dash. Also a good dose of silicone spray to the underside of the pad, can help. Spray the silicone on the pad away from the car, the spray can settle in places that will make any painting difficult latter on.

Reply to
walt peifer

Reply to
keng2