68 ps hose

hi,

i keep popping ps pressure hoses on my 68. i check for binding, etc and all that is ok. it seems that where steel line bends to met the hose at the control valve flexes and cracks. how can i prevent this from happening?

tia, peter

Reply to
P&M Icaza

Usually the steel part of the line is clamped to the control valve with a large hose clamp or similar device. StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

large hose clamp

i'll give that a try. thanks, peter

Reply to
P&M Icaza

large hose clamp

I haven't has any problems with the replacement hose I stuck on my 68 Kragen PS hose 2 yrs ago when I rebuilt the engine.

Maybe the guy just needs a new hose...

Reply to
vince garcia

+++++++++++

nah, i just replaced the ps hose a few weeks ago. peter

Reply to
P&M Icaza

Only other idea I can think of is try a better brand of hose.

I went through 4 PS pumps during the rebuild, and I can believe hose problems can be just as bad

Reply to
vince garcia

it would seem that i was not as careful checking the clearances as i thought...this hose/line wore thru at where it was touching the steering box lever, (it just barely touched :( ). i hope i got this one correct. thanks, peter

Reply to
P&M Icaza