89 GT buying advice

I'm thinking of buying an '89 GT 5 speed with 30k original miles.

Although it's low mileage, it's spent a good part of its life stored outside. The guy that has it now has cleaned it up pretty well and it looks to be in decent shape

Aside from visible rust, are there any problems I should look for in a Mustang of this vintage?

Reply to
Mr. A

Aside from obvious things like holes in floor, check for things like rusted torque boxes and rotted bushings. You might also want to look for oil leaks around the seals in the engine, transmission and rear axle. Aside from the rusted torque boxes all the rest is easily fixed, and even the torque boxes are repairable, just a pain.

Reply to
Ironrod