Thinking of buying an '87 GT

Hi All, I'm thinking of buying an '87 GT for $4500.00. It has chrome cobra r wheels, eibach springs, subframe connectors, bolt in rollbar, pretty decent black repaint (original color), 3.73 posi., stock rebuilt motor, and aotomatic trans. Runs good and strong. A/C not working. Being an early model type of guy I don't know the ins and outs of the fox body 'stangs of this era. I heard there's a way of telling if it's been run hard by looking at the sail panels. Where exactly and what do I look for? Any other tips would help too. Thanks.

Mark C.

Reply to
Mark C.

Oh yea, It also has equal length shorty headers, H-pipe, and Flowmasters.

Mark C.

Reply to
Mark C.

if you dont get it,, let me know where its at,,cause im deffinatly interested snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
running water

Huh? That's new one... never heard that before. Here are better indicators: "subframe connectors, bolt-on roll bar, 3.73 gears, rebuilt motor"

Just a guess, but I'd say the car has been driven to more than just to the grocery store and back. I'd also say you're buying a previous "project car."

Here's what you need to look for/at: Are the torque boxes in good shape, the doors, hood, trunk lid properly aligned, are there any oil/anti-freeze leaks, are all the body panels straight/no bondo, is the trans fluid clean, were the mods done properly?

This is just a good start. Like any used car, have a GOOD mechanic throughly look the car over, and if you're still interested, do a Car Fax.

Good luck!

Patrick (been driving a Fox car since '87) '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

I bought the car. It runs excellent. The gal I bought it from had the work done by her boyfriend/husband of 5 years. They bought it stock from the original owner. The guy's a hotrodder like me so I basically bought a car I would've done all those things to anyway. I just have to chase down a few minor incovenieces like rattles (common for that age), passenger window doesn't roll up, install A/C (I'm a wimp), And repaint a few accents that were done in yellow (the car is black), otherwise the frame is straight and there aren't any wrinkles in the sheetmetal and no apparent signs of bondo.

Mark C.

.
Reply to
Mark C.