90 Mustang Air Condition R134 Conversion

Want to upgrade my 90 Mustang 5.0 A/C to a R134 system. Know of any conversion kits (compressor, condenser, hoses, accumulator etc.) to do this and any issues / problems that I might encounter???

Joe wrote:

Changed mine years ago, the only thing I replaced was the orifice hose, which was why I took it apart and the O-rings on the compressor. The orifice is crimped into a length of steel line, and the steel part in-between the hose has a foamy insulator. Obviously condensation collects in the foam and starts the steel tube to rust and pit. It developed a leak. I also changed the drier.
--
"Yes, it is a good thing you are handy, as
you clearly suck at being smart." - Herb

If you want to avoid the incompatible oil issues and potential reduction in cooling capacity don't use R134 but get Freeze-12 instead. If your system didn't have any real problem but you just want to convert all you'll need to do is pull a vacuum for an hour or so and then put the Freeze-12 in. I just put the system in a 64 T-bird back in order and used Freeze-12 and it was putting out 45 degree air today in Phoenix.