'95 Ford Mustang "engine oil backed up"

I recently changed my oil and filter as part of my regularly scheduled maintenance. Shortly after, I ran the engine to promote circulation of the fresh fluids. All components seemed to be funtioning well so I cleaned up and called it a day. The next day my mustang wouldn't start and all the oil was gone. The oil wouldn't even register on the dipstick. Can anyone rule out possibilities and offer some suggestions? P.S. I enjoy performing my own repairs as a learning and money saving experince Thank You Much Stangathang

Reply to
stangathang1

Lets see. The oil went out the drain plug you forgot to tighten. You did not tighten the filter. You only put one quart in. The drains in the cylinder heads are stopped up and all the oil is trapped up there. Some 5.0's blow out the valve cover gasket in the front. The gasket is two pieces glued together. When this happens you don't see a lot of oil leaking out. But when you put oil in, it runs out and down the front of the engine.

What any of this has to do with it not starting is beyond me. Unless someone stole it, drove the p*ss out of it, sized it up and pushed it back.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 00:05:41 -0400, stangathang1 rearranged some electrons to form:

I would rule out:

1) Aliens stole the oil 2) The oil evaporated 3) The oil transmutated into some other compound

Perhaps:

1) You forgot to put the drain plug in 2) You forgot to fill the crankcase back up after you drained it 3) You forgot to tighten the oil filter
Reply to
David M

4) The rubber o-ring on the old filter stuck to the engine and you've got a double o-ring there now (which will leak rather profusely).

Did you see any oil on the ground?

Reply to
Ritz

Well, it sounds like you're in the process of a "learning experience," alright.

Did you look under the car?

I look under mine every morning before I get in it. Then I look back at the driveway when I pull out.

Has saved me from being stranded countless times.. just a week ago, for example: water pump leak.

"stangathang1" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

LOL I honestly don't know why but my first thought was, are you checking for a "car bomb"?

Reply to
Richard