96 to 98 gt rims factory polished ?

Well, I have the "uglier" painted rims (which I happen to like better). They were only on the '96 cars. The '97 and '98 cars had the machined face...not really polished. It seems that the machined face wheels were affected by cracking clearcoat more than the painted ones. Or at least the painted ones don't show it as much. The painted ones look almost satin after I wash and polish them (Zaino!).

Reply to
Keith

i am looking for 96 to 98 17 inch 5 spoke split rims. what i am confused about i have seen these rims with shiny brushed aluminum but more commonly with silver paint and clear cut which is about half as attractive. did the polished shiny metal rims come from the factory that way or did somebody peel away the paint and polish it after the fact. real confused because the more common seems to be the uglier painted rims.

Reply to
Neal Lowrey

I had a 95 GT that had the painted wheels.. I liked them just fine. I've never seen factory polished, but I have seen factory chrome Cobra wheels... Polished aluminum is an exercise in special care, they are very pretty, but do require more work than chrome or painted.

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top
Reply to
SVTKate

Don't even worry about it Neal, I'm not able to speak for anyone else, but I understood where you were coming from.. as for the kids... I tell all three of mine they are ugly all the time LOL... seriously!

Now, if someone were to start callin Shug ugly... they had better have something they are might proud of to compare her to or we'd be in the dirt.

*wink*

Kate

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Now that just might be fun! :-D

Reply to
Greg B.

thanks for the information.

If anyone was offended by my adverbs I sincerely apologize. The adage 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' is one of the few that i find no contradiction or argument against. I would never ever tell somebody they have a less than perfect or ugly child. I realize it is equally offensive to criticize someones stang. After all I may be more fond of my car than my kids :)

Reply to
Neal Lowrey

They're clear coated. The problem is that the clear coat becomes

Reply to
Mike King

They're clear coated. The problem is that the clear coat becomes hazy or cracks. -- Mike King Black 2000 Spring Feature GT Steeda Tri-Ax and K&N "Member Since 96" .

Reply to
Mike King