Re: OBDII and laptop?

This guy seems to be on vacation, or something, because his voice-mailbox is full, and he isn't responding to his email.

Has anyone used both of the following:

If so, it would be interesting to see what you think of the two, and how they compare.

Reply to
Fred Walter

Must be vacation time for him or some other good reason, I got a fast response when I ordered it. I like it, easy to use, can put it on an windoze running PC easily, etc. But I am not going into any of the fancy functions. Just reading codes and clearing them.

Reply to
Brent P

Brent,

Does it do the "Enhanced" ford thing too?

Outsite of this, is there any other computer >>>>

Tom

It's ford specific code information. There are the standard OBD2 codes then extended information and codes that are manufacturer specific.

Not that I know of.

Reply to
Brent P

Cool, Now I just have to wait till he gets back from vacation before I can order it. Think i read he's gone till July 10th.

Any suggestions on reading so that i might actually know what the heck im doin?

Reply to
Tom

Just play around with the program, it's fairly straightforward but not the best interface in the world. Other than that it's just plug in the cable, tell the program which serial port (first time only unless you change it) to use and it will connect on it's own.

Reply to
Brent P

Harrison R&D also makes laptop scan software. Runs about $150 for the universal adapter and the associated software. I have used it only briefly and it seems to work pretty decent.

I could not comment on any enhanced features.

Scott Moseman snipped-for-privacy@highflow.net

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Tom wrote: : : Does it do the "Enhanced" ford thing too? : : Outsite of this, is there any other computer : in a ford that you would hook a laptop to for : info/tuning? :

Reply to
Scott Moseman