97m91 need a new manifold

Since Ford won't cover my DEFECTIVE manifold now that the extension has expired, and I really don't trust another plastic manifold from Ford, what options are there?

Drew

Reply to
Andrew Glasbrenner

Drew... Ford has a new design manifold that is still plastic but has a coolant crossover made of aluminum - similar to the '02+ manifolds. Assuming you had the same problem that everyone else had, your coolant crossover cracked. You'll have to buy the manifold for the '96-'98 cars (port design is different than later models) in a kit that lists for $400. If you don't want to go that route, I have the intake that Ford originally replaced my blown manifold with, but it is still an all lastic version. It's got a few years on it, but it's still in good condition. I have a new engine in the car now, but I saved it in case someone needs one. Name a fair price and add shipping from 60563. Email me or respond here if you're interested.

Reply to
Keith

I've got one too from a 96 4.6 in perfect condition. make an offer it's in area code 33023 florida.customer made me change it he said it was leaking air but a set screw fell out of his throttle body. e-maile me if you're interested Jeff

orangespawn50

Don't buy anybody's used all-plastic manifold that's just going to crack yet again. I recently had my intake manifold replaced and the TOTAL cost for parts & labor was $480. The intake manifold kit itself was $270 WITH tax included (Arkansas) directly from the Ford dealership. Call 'em & see what they say the price is. $400 is outrageous.

-Mike

Reply to
memsetpc