ABS question

My ABS light goes on and off intermitting. I caught the light pop on traveling on a rough road. Could it be a loose sensor wire? I hate to bring it in for service for a wire and they stick me with sensor replacements. ABS could be costly . When the light is on the ABS does not work?

Mr. B

96 GT vert stick Red
Reply to
Mr. B

If the rough road is what started your intermittent ABS light, then it is probably a sensor problem. All that jarring and bumping may have damaged one or more sensors. If it was a loose wire, more than likely, your light would come on and stay on. And the answer to your question is Yes, when the light is on, ABS is disabled. At least it isn't something that would "deadline" the car (keep you from driving it).

Best thing to do is take it to a shop that will do a free check of the brake system and just tell them what you told us. Or take it to someone that can pull the trouble codes from the computer.

Reply to
Greg B.

What goes bad with ABS sensors ??

ERIC

89 5.0 LX Vert, Cobra long block, 2.5" O/R H-pipe, 2.73s w/Locker 40 Series Deltas and some kinda Wild Assed Cam!

--->> FOR SALE probably a sensor problem. All that jarring and bumping may have damaged one

Reply to
Katmandu