Alternator from '85 'stang 4cyl, run outside the car? Schematics anyone?

I have the alternator from my '85 mustang 4 cyl. for a temporary project, outside of the car. The car's in a rebuild phase and will probably end up with a 5.0 anyway. I'm working on a school, electronics project to demonstrate a charging system for an automobile. The alternator is externally regulated so I bought a new regulator. Also I have a battery outside the car. I have schematics from both the Haynes manual and Auto Zone online but neither are very clear. They're not drawn well enough for me to know exactly what goes where and they don't tell you what the terminals for the regulator are. This mustang was bought somewhat stripped so I have no way to hook up the origional charging system and trace all of the wires to draw out the connections. Can anyone help?

Here's how I want to run it. Plug an AC motor in the wall to drive the alternator. I want to hook up the alternator to the battery and regulator. Basically I'd like to have the charging system running as it would inside the car, but while mounted to boards outside the car, in the classroom. Then I'd like to be able to show how it works while hooking up a car stereo and lights. Can anyone tell me how to do the basic wiring or where I can find more info or a better schematic that would give me the exact pinout on the regulator? Do I need the capacitor as well? It would be hugely appreciated! Please post here or email snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Thanks, Shawn

Reply to
Shawn

This might help: