Ping ~ Jason

I just had a quick question, you still have the Stalker front bumper on your car don't you ? Is it the urethane or fiberglass Cervini bumper ? How is the quality, fit, and finish ? How is ground clearance in the front ?

I purchased a urethane 2000 Cobra R style for the 94-98 but the front clearance is going to kill me as it would only sit about 3 1/2" off the ground w/ my Ford "C" springs.. It is a nice bumper but just not what I am looking for, I have a couple of people interested in purchasing so it won't be a big deal.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

at 28 Nov 2003, Musttanguy [ snipped-for-privacy@aol.competition] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m01.aol.com:

Tim, is it Jason Roner from Tampa you are pinging? If so, let me know, he sold his Mustang and I'm not sure if he is reading here anymore. I have his email so if you need that let me know...

Reply to
Paul

Hey Tim. Jason sold his Mustang about 2 weeks ago. That bumper, to me, felt like plastic. His car was stock ride height so he had plenty of clearance. He's out of town right now, but I'll let him know to get back to you.

Helmut Roner

1988 Mustang GT
Reply to
HELMUT RONER

Hi Tim, just got back from a much needed vacation. The stalker bumper was urethane for flexibility and the hood was fiberglass. The bumper looked awesome from far away, but as you get closer, you will notice a deformation in the air dam between the foglight holes. It looks like when it was being manufactured, they didn't let it cool or harden before taking it out of machine? Just a guess. Fit was no problem though, all holes lined up. It is supposed to use 94-98 Cobra foglights (with brackets) instead of the GT ones. As Helmut said, I was at stock height so I really can't answer that question about clearance, although I have scraped a few times over the couple of years of being on two 95 GT's. I would do it allover again if it was not deformed along with Cervini's cowl hood. I did not have a chance to see it before the body shop put it on the car in '01. They are the ones that ordered it for me (insurance repair). Hope this helps,

Jason

Reply to
RioRedGT

Thanks for the opinion, I was considering purchasing one BUT I am really undecided. I want a slightly "different" look, I have a Saleen, Cobra, and an aftermarket

00 Cobra R style bumper. Don't want the car to look like a Fobra, Saleen maybe, and I like the 00' R style bumper but not quite the look I wanted (decided this after buying one) as it has no clearance with my mild FMS "C" springs.