Anyone coming to Nashville for the 40th anniversary celebration?

Just wondering if anyone from RAMFM will be making the trek to Nashville, TN for the Ford Mustang's official 40th anniversary celebration.

I'm a Nashville resident -- as some of you already knew -- and we have a thriving community of Mustang and Ford enthusiasts down here who are all pumped up for the big event next Spring. By some estimations, over 3000 cars are expected to be on hand for the Car Show. Some from as far away as Australia, even!

I've already submitted my entry for the Slowstang (1998 GT) to be present in the show and will be taking that weekend off to enjoy all of the festivities. It would be great if a bunch of you folks were coming down and we could all meet up somewhere and finally put faces to names.

If you're interested, check out the official MCA site...

You can also get in touch with some of the Nashville area folks at...

Tungsten

Well.. if we get our house sold in time, it might be an idea!

Yahoo! Kate (future Tennessee resident!)

98 Cobra Drop Top
Reply to
SVTKate

When is it ??

We're coming down to Lebanon, TN the 2nd week of October.

Reply to
Katmandu

Just checked your website.

Man! Gotta pen that one in the schedule!!! That Opryland Hotel is a GREAT place! Especially around the Holidays!

Reply to
Katmandu

snip

Where is a bulletin board so that RAMFM'ers can hook up?

Reply to
Ron Hammon

Next Spring. Lebanon isn't too far away from where I live. About 30 miles as the crow flies.

Reply to
Tungsten

The Mustang Club of America doesn't have a BB and neither does the local chapter that is semi-sort-of helping organize some of it. That said, you guys can feel free to register on our local Nashville-area board.

As time draws nearer to the 40th Anniv. celebration, I am sure more and more of us down here will be gearing up for it.

Reply to
Tungsten

Actually, I meant a real, live (cork) bulletin board, somewhere around the event. How many chances do RAMFMers, from all over, get to meet? What better excuse?

Reply to
Ron Hammon

At the 35th, a bunch of us met at the Mustang Club's hospitality tent. I'm sure they'll have one at the 40th, too. As April approaches, we'll pick a day and time to meet there.

One thing we forgot last time is that none of us had ever met before. "Hey, look for me - I'll be the one wearing the Mustang t-shirt" just doesn't cut it at a major Mustang event.

I'm having a special football jersey done up that says "TFROG" above a big "93" on the back. Maybe you'll see it there.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

I'll be the one carrying a M16A2 around. ;>) ;>)

Katmandu

If only it want right at the end of tax season! Plus a 10 hour drive in the snow..yuck! Maybe if the weather is nice this april I can sneal out for the weekend....

Reply to
Matt

Now, can anyone name all of the RAMFM members in the following two photographs taken at the 25th Anniversary show in Charlotte:

Bill S.

snipped-for-privacy@someemailaddress.notcom wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Good idea! I may have to do something similar. Well, but with TUNGSTEN on it instead of TFROG. I mean, that would really screw with people if there were two TFROGs walking around the place. ;)

Reply to
Tungsten

You mean 35th, right? Hmm, I seem to remember you posting a couple of photos back then. Dwight on the left?? I see you on the right. Is that Laurie beside you? June (Lilfilly) is in there too. I give up...

-- Mike

93 Cobra

Reply to
Mike R

Ah yes, 35th, yeah, that's it.............So, the question is, who is who????? And what does the car behind all of us have to do with the RAMFM and a certain member.................

Bill S.

Mike R wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Well I know June had a Fox Saleen after meeting her last year at the Fairfax show. I also remember her saying they had a 69 Shelby. Is that GT500 hers by chance???

-- Mike

93 Cobra
Reply to
Mike R

Ok score one for Mike R. Anyone else????

Bill S.

Mike R wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

I'll be there. I'm about 5 hours east of you on I40.

Chad

Reply to
Chad

I don't know nothin' 'bout nothin'.