Beware this seller. Larry Brown Quincy Illinois

Read my Story at:

or contact:

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net for his story.

Reply to
Holden McGroin

It's your own fault.

If you had done your homework -like you KNOW you should have - you would not have gotten screwed.

Reply to
Kate

"Holden McGroin" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

I've got more bad news for you. That car has a Ford Y-block motor in it. I'm not too sure what Studebaker used for motors, but I do know they were far more closely related to General Motors than Ford.

Also, the alternator is incorrect for 1963. It should have a generator.

Let this be a lesson to you. If a long distance seller starts hemming and hawing about photos, run as fast as you can. Obviously, you know this now.

Reply to
elaich

"Holden McGroin" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

After looking at this guy's website, it's obvious that he's a complete Bozo. He wants thousands of dollars for cars that have trees growing through them. Don't blame anybody but yourself for getting taken.

Reply to
elaich

He wants two grand for a bubble window pinto wagon sitting in a scrap yard with weeds growing in it. And it's been hit too!

He wants $2200 for a maverick that is completely surrounded by weeds. And even with the two crappy photos I can tell the only use I might have for it is parts.... although the hood looks like it has a comet GT hood scoop on it. That might be worth a few dollars. But given various other clues it's probably just an ordinary 6 cylinder car.

The falcon vert might be a nice project, but of course he's asking way too much for it.

I am guessing this guy bought an old junkyard and now expects to make a killing.

Reply to
Brent P

So far.. looks like he IS making a killing... Kate

Reply to
Kate

I was really only posting this here so that the web crawlers could find it later. That way Larry will show up when someone else does a search. I wasn't that lucky......Although it's also nice to get the helpful comments of some people who don't have anything better to do than to try to be the top dogs in an Internet News Group.

Reply to
Holden McGroin

Oh... and it doesn't have a Y Block Ford motor in it. It's a 63 Stude

289 V8 with the intake and carb from a 58 Hawk. The 63 Hawk also does have an Alternator. This car has already been looked over by some very good Stude guys.
Reply to
Holden McGroin

"Holden McGroin" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com:

Studebaker can call it anything it wants, but that's a 292 Ford Y-block. I've seen enough of them to know what one looks like.

Reply to
elaich

Well if you're going to be *that* way, we are the top dogs of this particular Usenet group and *you* are a spammer technically.

Reply to
WindsorFox

Dude, you're the one who posted the information. Yeah, the guy's a slimeball, but you made some major mistakes yourself. If you're going to post the information, then you've got to take some criticism for your share of the problem, as well. If you can't take responsibility for your portion of the problem (e.g., ignoring the glaring warning signals), then don't post next time.

Reply to
Ken Zwyers

Better to be a top dog, than the WHINER under the porch.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

All cattiness aside. Good luck with your restoration. If you look at the positive, you may have a load of fun with it. The harder a project is the more you learn from it.

Out in the woods beyond our property is an old Studebaker. It's laying there upside down in a pile of pine needles just rusting away.

Reply to
Kate