Brake dust + polished aluminum rims

I have a set of those fake me out 95R 17x9 rims on my car in polished aluminum. The car was allowed to sit for a period of time w/ some brake dust on it, and now it seems impossible to remove. The rims are no where near their original mirror-like shine. Is there anyway to restore them to that point and still be worth the effort, or should I just buy new rims?

-J

Reply to
jbeez

This may be a long shot, but try Eagle 1 rim cleaner....worked wonders on my brake dust even when scraping couldn't conquer it. About $10/bottle, but well worth it.

Just A Guy

"jbeez" wrote in message news:4 snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
Just A Guy©

Unfortunatly, I have the same stuff in my "collection" of car chemicals, along with a few others, but that is actually my favorite one of all the ones I've tried, and I've used that for a few years...... just haven't used it enough :)

-J

Reply to
jbeez